Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Stamping with Pending TD visa COS

Hi,

Does anyone have experience with such a situation. Need some advice on how to proceed:

My husband was laid off from his H1B employment this year under these timelines and this is the current status. He's a Indian citizen and current Canadian Permanent Resident.

Feb 23rd - Laid off from full-time employment; H1B cancelled and the Green Card was also impacted. He has an approved I-140.
    April 23rd - Applied for Change of Status (COS) to TD visa based on my switch from a H4EAD to a TN visa. His TD visa is still pending and the lawyers have estimated a 6-10 month decision timeline.

He currently has a job offer to finalize but we aren't sure if he can able to complete the whole H1B stamping at a US consulate in Canada in 4-6 weeks given the slower processing. We are estimating the process could take 2-2.5 months starting 1st June.

His employment offers are dependent on a potential timeline of 30-45 days max. What would you advise he does? Should he take one of the offers and continue with the process even if it's delayed. We are afraid an employer will pull out of the process part-way into it due to the US consular processing timelines. Or, should he let the offers go and just wait it out until the TD visa is processed in another 4-6 months.

Any idea which Canadian consulate is accepting H1B stamping on emergency appointment? I'll also post this question to similar threads.

Thanks!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X