Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B extension delay question

Hi gurus,

I had applied for H1B extension, after the first 3 years of completion, on 17th May, 2010.

Except for the receipt, I am still awaiting for the approval.

Meanwhile, my driving license(DL) is expiring on September 23, 2010.

What am I to do? Are there any solutions to drive without being unlawful?

Please suggest. And I do appreciate your time.

Regards.

HI OP,

There are no solutions other than that you SHOULD have a DL for driving .

Now most of the states - requires that you should have a approved I-797 notice , letter from employer , Passport copy for DL renewal.

So after Sept 23rd , if you don;t have the approval by then - you can just try with the receipt -but chances are VERY LESS -as receipt doesn;t mean approval.

Other solution is that you go for the PREMIUM PROCESSING- in that case you will get the descision in 15 days and maybe 1 week more to receive the original I-797 by your employer/attorney office.

Thanks and Regards,
    Abhay

Comment

Thank you..but....

Hi,

Thank you for your honest reply.

But going through other forum, it seems that the files are moving fast with the premium processing.

What a wonder that a file is gathering dust for the past 6 months and a 1000.00 dollars gets the signature in a week?

Quick solution for economic recession?! Or white collar cheating Or just bribing?

I am going to solitary confinement to meditate and reconcile with the things that is hard to change.

Happy week end.

Comment

You should also consider the number of applications that reaches USCIS each day. If you need special treatment, then ofcourse, you need to pay extra. This is nothing new, the whole world is like that.

By the way, you know that you had 6 months to file the extension, right? If you would have applied earlier, you would have probably got it by now.

Originally posted by novice2007 View Post
        Hi,

Thank you for your honest reply.

But going through other forum, it seems that the files are moving fast with the premium processing.

What a wonder that a file is gathering dust for the past 6 months and a 1000.00 dollars gets the signature in a week?

Quick solution for economic recession?! Or white collar cheating Or just bribing?

I am going to solitary confinement to meditate and reconcile with the things that is hard to change.

Happy week end.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

You score a point....

thank you for sharing.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X