• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Extension.........Urgent!

Hi,

I used to work for company-A in India.

As my H1B is expiring in Sep-2010, I came to US in Apr-2010
    Before coming I didn't resigned with company-A
    After coming here I completed my exit process online and got relieved in July-2010

In Aug-2010 I got a job here and now I am going to file for my H1B extension

My questions:

1) As I need to submit my past experience letters will it be a
    problem if I submit my company-A letters
    2) As officially I am in US from Apr-2010, got my SSN in May-2010 probably
    my consultancy will run payroll from then but at the same time my experience letter says that I am working in India. Will it be a problem?
    3) what if I submit my Indian experience letter of company-A till july-2010 and US paystubs from may-2010 till now?
    (for same dates experience letter from India and US paystubs)

Advice me on this.

I used to work for company-A in India.

As my H1B is expiring in Sep-2010, I came to US in Apr-2010
    Before coming I didn't resigned with company-A
    After coming here I completed my exit process online and got relieved in July-2010

In Aug-2010 I got a job here and now I am going to file for my H1B extension

My questions:

1) As I need to submit my past experience letters will it be a
    problem if I submit my company-A letters

---- If you have the appropriate experience letters, there is no harm in submitting them. However, we do not know for shat purposes you will be submitting the experience letters. I presume it is for GC. Correct me if I'm wrong

2) As officially I am in US from Apr-2010, got my SSN in May-2010 probably
    my consultancy will run payroll from then but at the same time my experience letter says that I am working in India. Will it be a problem?

----- Of course, how cna a person be working in two countires at the same time, even if it is the saem employer

3) what if I submit my Indian experience letter of company-A till july-2010 and US paystubs from may-2010 till now?
    (for same dates experience letter from India and US paystubs)

---- Be truthful and honest about the experience and status in each country. No one else but you will be facing the consequences of questoioning and you will be gaurding yourself by weaving stories

Subramanya

Comment

Hi OP,

So you are going to file for H1 transfer to your new company using the same exisiting CAP.

For that you will need the recent Paystubs to shows that you were in status legally from APRIL-10'
      Whether you resigned/not working /working etc - you should be paid all the times as long as you are in US on H1.So in this case you need to provide recent paystubs/from April '10 (last 6 months)

So why are you saying that your ex-company WILL run the payroll from May-10. Are they not paying you from the day you landed in US??

Secondly - for your experience letter from Company -A -Its not necessary the location (India/US) to be mentioned . If it states that from which date to which date , what position , project/responsibilies then its enough.
      Sometimes projects/responsibilities/technologies are not mentioned in experience letters.( But will be required when filing for GC)

Thanks and Regards,
      Abhay

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X