Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221g for H4 visa

Hi
    I had been for a H4 visa renewal interview on 6th August 2010. I have already lived in the US for the past 3 years. I was told that my visa was approved on that day.
    Later the embassy called me and asked me to come for a re interview. This re questioning happened on 16th August 2010. After a long list of questions , I was given the 221g yellow form and asked to wait patiently for the email from the embassy.
    This email was received by me on 25th August 2010. It asked me to hand over the passport to VFS along with the yellow slip and the email. I returned the passport to the VFS at Mumbai on 26th August 2010. They asked me to track my passport through their website. Now its 31st and I am starting to get worried whether this is just another wait. Does any body have similar experience and is there a chance that the visa can get rejected after this stage?

No one can predict. Search and reach about the experiences posted by people in immihelp. You can search for key words like 221g, admin processing etc. Since they have asked you to drop off your passport, yor should most probably be getting the passport with visa stamped.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Visa recieved

Thanks for yopur reply. I received the visa and passport 3 days after sending the passport to VFS. Even though VFS when called had not told me that the passport had been received by them from embassy, the passport suddenly arrived one fine day when we least expected it.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X