No announcement yet.

H4 drop box appointment on 07/22 (NIE?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 drop box appointment on 07/22 (NIE?)

I am opting for my drop box appointment on 07/22 and would love to understand if I can put in an NIE letter stating that I am currently studying as an H4 domestic student (or family separation) and my classes start in August. Or should I wait for my visa to get stamped and then email for my NIE application? Please suggest as my classes start from August

Hi,
    If you are eligible for drop box and you are looking for student visa, I think you don't need to provide NIE letter when you submit document through drop box.
    Thanks

Comment

Hello sorry for the confusion, I am looking for my H4 visa extension. So I can state either of two reasons(Family separation or the start of my classes as an H4 student from August-end). I am confused about which one to use. Can I give both the reasons? Thank you.

Comment

And please correct me if I am wrong NIE is a request to help me travel currently amidst the travel ban correct?

Comment

Hi,
          Normally NIE is required for travel purpose. But when you submit the documents under Drop box category, you will need to share,
          1. Employment letter specifying why the applicant qualifies for a National Interest Exception (NIE) OR Proof of relationship that applicant is not subject to PP.
          2. Principal applicant’s position confirmation letter (original/copy) from employer/petitioner.
          So, you will need to make sure to provide these information/documents.

I can state either of two reasons(Family separation or the start of my classes as an H4 student from August-end). I am confused about which one to use. Can I give both the reasons?
          Answer: Yes.
          Thanks

Comment

I got the following status update and my passport tracker says it is processing for delivery. Should I be prepared for a 221(g). Not even sure they will provide a reason for (admin processing or refusal). What should be my next steps. Please help. Thank you
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi,
              I hope it might be needed for further administrative processing. Please wait for some more days to know the exact status.
              Thanks

Comment

Got a 221g stating I do not fall under PP and I should wait for an email from them after the Proclamation lifts. However, I am still thinking to email support-india stating my classes start from August 30th (attach my class enrollment and request to reopen my case.? Is it a good move to send an email or just wait? Please adbvise. Thank you.

Comment

Hi,
                  Per my knowledge, Once you get status from consulate/ embassy, you can not appeal on the decision rather you can reapply the visa again with strong supporting documents.
                  Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X