Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B extension and Premium Processing Query

Hi,
    My HIB is expiring on 1st week of October 2021. I have an approved I-140. Here's what I am wondering about:
    1. Should I file the extension now in regular or premium processing? Or regular now and in mid September put it on Premium processing?
    2. Can I put the extension on premium processing after my H1B expiry date? That is sometime in December 2021...
    3. In case my extension petition is denied after current visa is expired (for example in December 2021) what are my options? Do I have to leave my job and US or there are options to refile the extension?
    4. In the above case where my H1B extension is denied after my current expiry date and I have to refile an extension what are USCIS procedure and fees?

Appreciate any help/suggestions.

H1 application is handled by your company, and there should be a lawyer you can contact. You should ask them to file your H1 extension in premium processing now otherwise it will be too late for processing. With premium processing it will take somewhere around two weeks to get the approval.
    Good luck.

Comment

Hi,
      Please see my answers below.
      1. If you ask me, I would recommend to go with Premium.. Because, If you get status before your current status expires you will have peace of mind. In case, if anything happened on your extension petition, you will have chances to file another petition or do a transfer.
      2. Yes. You can convert your case to Premium anytime after you receive the receipt notice.
      3. If you dont have status and I-94 validity and you are 6 years max out then you will not have any options. You will need to leave the country as soon as you can.
      4. In case your Ext petition got denied before your current status expires then you can file another Ext petition immediately with actual fees that you would have paid on previous petition. There is no change on that. But, If your current H1B validity expires at the time of Ext denial then you will not have any options.
      Thanks

Comment

Hello rkk09,

Does your answer for points 3 and 4 holds as I have my I -140 approved?

Thanks

Comment

Hi,
          Does your answer for points 3 and 4 holds as I have my I -140 approved?
          Answer: I provided Answer as I was considered I-140 Approval.
          Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X