Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Transfer Stamping Question

Hi,
    Hope all is well. I went to India and just got my visa stamped in December. My visa expires on 9/2012. I just switched my job and got my H1B visa transfered. I received my new I797 form approving my visa transfer.

Now my Company has requested me to go to Mexico for a assignment for 2 weeks. I want to know if I need to re stamp my H1B visa? According to my Company's lawyers as long as I have a valid H1B visa stamp (even though it is under my old Company's name) and my new I 797 form there should be no problem with the immigration.

Can someone please confirm is this is true or had a similar experience?

Thank you!

Hope all is well. I went to India and just got my visa stamped in December. My visa expires on 9/2012. I just switched my job and got my H1B visa transfered. I received my new I797 form approving my visa transfer.

Now my Company has requested me to go to Mexico for a assignment for 2 weeks. I want to know if I need to re stamp my H1B visa? According to my Company's lawyers as long as I have a valid H1B visa stamp (even though it is under my old Company's name) and my new I 797 form there should be no problem with the immigration.

Can someone please confirm is this is true or had a similar experience?

---- Yes, as long as you have avlid visa stamped on your Passport, there should be no problem returning back to the US

Subramanya

Comment

Thank you Subramanya!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X