Part Time H1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part Time H1

My employer has hired me as a full time employee. It says so on the offer letter. But on the H1B I-129 application, they have written 'part time' employee working for 25 hours a week. Even the LCA says part-time. Will this be an issue when I go to get the visa stamp? Also, this is my only job. So is there a minimum number of hours I need to work while on H1? Is 25 hours legal?

Thanks!

My employer has hired me as a full time employee. It says so on the offer letter. But on the H1B I-129 application, they have written 'part time' employee working for 25 hours a week. Even the LCA says part-time. Will this be an issue when I go to get the visa stamp? Also, this is my only job. So is there a minimum number of hours I need to work while on H1? Is 25 hours legal?

---- Clarify the matter with your employer. 25 hrs per week amounts to part-time employment and full time is 40 hrs per week. It could be a minor mistake on the offer letter. The employer can correct it at his end and issue a new letter of employment stating that his is 'part time' employment. USCIS need not be informed about this

Subramanya

Comment

Thanks Subramanya. I can ask them to revise the offer letter. But is 25 hrs legal? I only have this one job. Will I be asked to show how I am sustaining in the US by only working 25 hrs a week?

Comment

If it is illegal, then your H1B petition and LCA wouldn't have got approved at the first place. As long as your petition and LCA are approved for part-time, you can work part time (25 hours as reported) without any issues.

Originally posted by gncsu View Post
        Thanks Subramanya. I can ask them to revise the offer letter. But is 25 hrs legal? I only have this one job. Will I be asked to show how I am sustaining in the US by only working 25 hrs a week?
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X