Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H-1B and driver's licence

Hey all,
    My H-1B document I-797A was approved by the California USCIS centre on August 09, 2010, about 5 days before the expiry of my driver's licence. When I took the documents to the DMV office, they did not renew my licence and said that the information is not showing up in their records. Today it is 21 days without the licence. I have contacted several people, but still don't know what exactly they want. Did anyone had similar experience and what did you do?

Thanks for your time.

Go to the DMV again now. Your extension approval notice may have taken some time to update in DMV's systems.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

I went yesterday, they say it may take up to two months. It feels like I am stuck for no reason, who knows if it is a fault in their system, they are least bothered, because they all have a licence. Thanks though for your reply.

Comment

Try a different DMV office, some people are more helpful than others.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Hi OP,

Its true that if your I-797 details are not updated in their systems - then DMV employees will not help that much.
          But as suggested - go to some other location/DMV office and try your luck.
          This I-797 verification by DMV is a part of their S.A.V.E program (something Systematic Alien Verification....)
          I am not sure abt your location but in state -CO , DMV main office has a separate counter for this where I-797 can be verified quickly as counter is meant for this purpose only.
          So just find out abt this in your location that do they have a separate office/counter/service for this (generally it is always at the main office/headquarters)

Best of Luck....

Thanks and Regards,
          Abhay

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X