MBA on H1B (switch to F1) possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MBA on H1B (switch to F1) possible?

Hi, I’m 2 years into my H1B (3year extension in Oct 2022).

I’m planning to attend MBA next fall (September 2022).

Can I switch to F1 for the duration of my MBA and then switch back to H1B for the last 3 years of work?

do I have to extend before the mba starts? Anyone have experience with this process?

Please advise.

Hi,
    Yes. You can do change of status. But, Can I know, why you will need to change the status instead of completing your degree on H1B status itself? If you can not handle both class and work then you may think about change the status.
    And when you take action of changing your status from H1B to F1, you don't require to extend your H1B.
    Thanks

Comment

I think it is pretty hard to arrange

Comment

It's possible for you to switch from H1B to F1 for the duration of your MBA, and then switch back to H1B for the last 3 years of work. But the process can be complex and it's better to consult with immigration attorney to ensure that you understand the requirements and potential risks.
        You might also need to extend your H1B before the MBA starts. You should check the deadlines and regulations to ensure that you're aware of the requirements and that you have enough time to complete the process.
        If you're looking for options, you may want to look into MBA in UK for International Students as well. Good luck!
        Last edited by ShelHarby; 01-27-2023, 08:27 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X