H1B Renewal and Transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Renewal and Transfer

My H1B is up for renewal this year on Sep 20. I have an offer from a company and I want to leave my current company.

Today is Sept 5 2010 and the office does not open until Sep 7.

Does the company have enough time to file for my transfer and renewal in time? I had already told my current company that I am looking out, so, they will not renew it.

What are the possible actions that could be taken legally to protect me, without involving my current company.

A quick response will be highly appreciated.

Thank!

Your application for H1B transfer should reach USCIS before your current I-94 expires. If your new employer acts fast, they can submit the application well before 20th Sept.
    Here is the list of documents required for the H1B transfer.
    http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75721
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

shervin143,
      thanks for the response. What about renewal? Will that be an issue in the stipulated time?
      Thanks!

Comment

Whether it is a transfer or renewal or change to a different status, your application should reachy USCIS before the current status expires (Current I-94 expiry date). When your I-94 has expired, you will be considered illegal and none of the above is possible.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X