Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Query

Hi

My H1b visa got stamped in Nov 2008.But i came to US in june 2010.

My Wife attended for H4 visa stamping in Hyd consulate in mid of August 2010. VO after going thru all the documents ,said that your husband I797 status is in revoked state.They took her passport and asked her to mail the latest I797 as you might have missed that document.Once we receive the document we vl sent your passport in a week day.

When i contacted my employer ,i came to know that my I797 got revoked automatically in march 2009 and they hv sent a mail to USCIS that they haven't revoke my I797 and they receive one more I797 in september 2009.
    So we have sent the latest I797 date september 2009 to consulate mail id.
    They called my wife and said that still the status of I797 is showing revoke.
    Send us the update one.
    i have update the same to my employer .They contacted the immigration department and they said that they are working on it and vl get back in 3 working days. It was almost more than 2weeks.

Actually how much time it vl take the immigration dept to make my I797 to active state.
    As my visa is getting expire in aug 2011.
    will they make I797 to active state.

Pls help me

That is strange. If you used the petition approval notice to enter the US in June 2010, that should mean it was not revoked then. Make sure you are really using the latest petition approval notice. You may also want to consult an attorney.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

If i approach attorney how much time it vl take to get it in to approved state.
      What vl be the approximate attorney charges.

Pls help me.Base on this i need to take the decision

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X