Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent - I-797 Name Change

Hello,

I recently received my approved I-797.It has my entire name 'Arthi Sabapathy' listed as last name and my first name as 'FNU'.

I recently changed my name in my passport to Last name:Sabapathy, First name:Arthi. This was after my extension was filed.

While filing for extension my entire name in my passport was in the Given names section.

I would like my I-797 changed to

First Name:Arthi
    Last name: Sabapathy

Can someone tell me what form should be filled for this? I heard that an amendment should be filed.Is it thru form form I-824 or I-129?

Is there a premium processing for this amendment?

I would really appreciate a response as I am travelling to India shorly.

I have been in the US for 6 years and all my documents have First Name:arthi and Last Name:Sabapathy

Thanks,
    Arthi

Hello Aarthi,

Were you able to fix the situation. I have the same issue and was told my lawyer that I should fix my passport first and then my ammend it.

Comment

name mistyped on I-129, so reflecting wrong name on I-797

hi guys i too have similar problem.
      My name is mistakenly typed in the form I-129 submitted to USCIS. In that form only, in all other forms it has typed correctly. So, it's reflecting in I-797 as
      last/family Name: venuKalangi
      first Name: Venu
      it caused as venuKalangi,Venu
      My actual Name is Venu(first name),Kalangi(last/family name).

My petition is in initial review now and has been filed on apr27th'2010.
      Can you pls guide me what need to be done now. I'm a new applicant and my travel date is in last week of october.
      I heard that I need to apply for amendment and how much time it may take for correction or Can I go for stamping without amendment?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X