Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About I-94

Hello,
    Last month(Aug 2010) my wife & my son went to India. In the US airport they gave old I-94(valid sep 25 2010) and new I-94(valid mar 2013). and both came back on Sep 2010. In the US port of entry they issued I-94 up to Sep 25, 2010. My question how to extant I-94 up to 2013 for both of them. Please help me

They must not have showed the latest I-797 at POE and the officer would have gone off the date on the visa. They need to go back to CBP at POE and show the new I797s extended till 2013 and get their I-94s changed. If they refuse to do it as it is not their error, you may have to file for another extension or go to Mexico/canada and return again to get an extended I-94 by making sure the I-94 they have now is returned while they exit.

What they did during exit is correct. They need to return all I-94s in their possession.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

About I-94

Originally posted by txh1b View Post
      They must not have showed the latest I-797 at POE and the officer would have gone off the date on the visa. They need to go back to CBP at POE and show the new I797s extended till 2013 and get their I-94s changed. If they refuse to do it as it is not their error, you may have to file for another extension or go to Mexico/canada and return again to get an extended I-94 by making sure the I-94 they have now is returned while they exit.

What they did during exit is correct. They need to return all I-94s in their possession.
      you are telling me to go to CBP. is that correct? where the CBP office located? Please let me know. or i suppose to go to immigration office and get extent the I94?

Comment

CBP office will be in the port of entry airport location. No, local USCIS office will not be able to do anything to extend the I-94. Only CBP can correct it. You must take all documentation regarding the travel, the extended I797, H1 visa holders papers etc in case they want to see it.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

About I-94

Thank you so much for your information.
          Last edited by prabusp; 09-10-2010, 07:05 PM.

Comment

I agree with the response from txh1b. But I want to mention my experience too. I had the exact same problem when I entered the US at the LAX Los Angeles airport. I just went to the local USCIS office in San Francisco and got it fixed. I just had to request very politely, and it worked for me.

Comment

About I-94

Originally posted by sumit_immigration View Post
              I agree with the response from txh1b. But I want to mention my experience too. I had the exact same problem when I entered the US at the LAX Los Angeles airport. I just went to the local USCIS office in San Francisco and got it fixed. I just had to request very politely, and it worked for me.

Thanks for you quote. In the USCIS office did you fill any forms or what you did over there? Please give more details. it'll helpful for me. Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X