Help Please, about L2 visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Please, about L2 visa

My L2 visa expired Mar. 2010, and My I94 expired June 2010. But My I94 got extend through June 2012.

My Husband has same situation with me.

Now I'm going to go out of US for about 4 months, my husband will stay US and won't go with me. Can I come back US after 4 months? what should I do? Do I need to go back my country and get a new L2 visa?

Thanks a lot for help!

You need to have a valid L2 visa to return back. If your L2 visa is not valid by the time your return back, you need to go for the L2 stamping again with your husband's valid L1 petition. At the POE, by showing the the extended L1 petition of your husband, you will get a new I-94 that is valid until the petition expiry date.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      You need to have a valid L2 visa to return back. If your L2 visa is not valid by the time your return back, you need to go for the L2 stamping again with your husband's valid L1 petition. At the POE, by showing the the extended L1 petition of your husband, you will get a new I-94 that is valid until the petition expiry date.
      Thanks shervin.
      One more question is, my husband's L1 visa and my L2 visa both expired on Mar. 2010. To get a new valid L2 visa, do I need to go back my own country together with my husband?

Comment

You can go alone for the visa interview without your husband. Visa is just an entry document. You are good as long as you both have valid I-94's when you are inside the country. Make sure you return your current I-94 when you exit the country.

Originally posted by hellofufu View Post
        Thanks shervin.
        One more question is, my husband's L1 visa and my L2 visa both expired on Mar. 2010. To get a new valid L2 visa, do I need to go back my own country together with my husband?
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X