H1b validity , transfer (extension)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b validity , transfer (extension)

Hi, my current h1b (i797) validity date (I recieved a second 3 yr extension valid until March 2012). If i now transfer my h1, will this short my validity date of NEW h1b.

Thanks

No. It depends on what is requested by the company and for contract workers, till the expiration of contract is what USCIS is approving the petitions until in recent days.
    Last edited by txh1b; 09-12-2010, 08:40 AM. Reason: Addn clarification

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

h1b validity extension

Originally posted by txh1b View Post
      No. It depends on what is requested by the company and for contract workers, till the expiration of contract id what USCIS is approvinf recently.
      I did not understand..I am a shifting to a contracting position i will be working on projects., and lets say i get a project for 6 months only right now, will my new h1b say original extension till march 2012? or will that be only for 6 months till the end of a particular project?

Comment

The expiry date of the transferred petition will be based on the work itenary provided by your new employer. If your employer request only 1 year and shows documents for work that lasts only for 1 year, then the approved petition will have only 1 year validity.

Originally posted by tijuserupgan View Post
        I did not understand..I am a shifting to a contracting position i will be working on projects., and lets say i get a project for 6 months only right now, will my new h1b say original extension till march 2012? or will that be only for 6 months till the end of a particular project?
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X