Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 & H1 Visa stamping together - Husband and Wife

Hi Everyone,

After much struggle and burning the midnight candles for several many months, I was finally able to book the visa appointment. However, its same slot for myself and my spouse who are both on H category visa together. Meaning, I used a single profile(my profile) in the appointment booking website and added my wife as family member.

Our petitioners are different. We have filled 2 separate DS-160 and have paid the MRV fees for two applicants under the same profile & MRV receipt number is the same.

But now we are hearing conflicting information about this is not allowed and the appointment needs to be booked under two separate profiles. Are we not allowed to attend the interview at all? Will we be stopped during fingerprinting or entering the consulate for interview after fingerprinting?

Is there any way, can we get an exception from the consulate for our case given the limited availability of interview slots and limiting our appearance just once as a family appointment due to COVID situation. If so, please let me know who we should call/email out in the consulate.

Please help.

We are currently in the US and have an urgent need to travel to India and got this appointment after trying many weeks.

Hi,
    As per my knowledge, Since you both are on H1B visa, you must have booked appointments separately. Same date and time will not be make any issues. But, booking two H1B appointments on one receipt may some what not accepting.
    But, Better call to consulate customer support and get the help. They can only help you on this situation. I hope they will surely help and resolve your issue. Consulate/ embassy contact information will be in concern website.
    Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X