H1B Holder Rights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Holder Rights

I currently hold H1B Visa, but my employer has not provided me any medical insurance. As H1B holder, do I have right to ask for the medical insurance from my employer?

This might be a repeat question for this forum but I could not search for the information. Thanks for any suggestions.

I currently hold H1B Visa, but my employer has not provided me any medical insurance. As H1B holder, do I have right to ask for the medical insurance from my employer?

---- Yes, you have to right to ask your employer about medical/health insurance. However, the agreement/contract made between you and the employer at the time of employing you or the offer has to spell it out. If it is not spelt out in the agreement/contract or offer letter, then you may not get the health/medical insurance

---- In some states it is binding on the employer to provide health insurance (at least pay part of the coverage as decided by the health insurance provide and the employer)

---- You may google search for these terms of medical/health insurance for your state and learn more about your rights, that way you can show your employer that it is a law within that state

---- If there is no such contract between you and the emplyer, it is toguh to claim health insurance from your employer. In such cases you can claim medical expenses while filing your tax returns for the respective year (for example 2010)

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X