Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 to H1B conversion

Hi,

I landed in the US recently on L1 visa sponsored by company X. This visa is valid until Jul-2013.

Now, I want to find a job/sponsor here in the US and switch over to H1B (means I want to quit company X ). As the H1B quota for the current year is not completed, can I apply for H1B now (before Nov-2010) and switch to company Y?

Please advise...

Thanks
    AKRP

Yes. But you will have to wait until the COS to H1B gets approved to work for the H1B employer. Until then, you have to maintain your L1 status by having proper pay slips. There is a premium process available for the COS to H1B which will give you the result in 15 days (Additional $1000).
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      Yes. But you will have to wait until the COS to H1B gets approved to work for the H1B employer. Until then, you have to maintain your L1 status by having proper pay slips. There is a premium process available for the COS to H1B which will give you the result in 15 days (Additional $1000).
      Thanks Sherivn, so all I have to do now is find a sponsor for me....

Comment

Yes.

Originally posted by akrp View Post
        Thanks Sherivn, so all I have to do now is find a sponsor for me....
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X