Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can i have another H1B from a new employer (already have 1 approved one)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can i have another H1B from a new employer (already have 1 approved one)

Hi,
    I am in U.S now on L1 (working on L1) and have an approved H1B petition with a consultant. I am eligible to work from 1st of October.

Is it possible for a new employer to file another new H1B for me and take me as a full time employee?

Please guide me.

Thanks
    Raj

I am in U.S now on L1 (working on L1) and have an approved H1B petition with a consultant. I am eligible to work from 1st of October.

Is it possible for a new employer to file another new H1B for me and take me as a full time employee?

---- You can apply for H1 transfer to the new company. Upon approval of new H1 you can start working for them (these days it is always better to wait for approval than join soon after receiving the receipt notice as was done earlier)

---- If you are thinking of holding twofull time H1B's at the same time it may not be possible as you will not be able to work for 16 hours everyday

---- Alternately, you can hold one full time and one part time H1B and work for two employers. You decide for which employer you want to work full time and which employer you want to work part time

Subramanya

Comment

Subramanya, Thanks for the reply provided. can you Please provide clarificaion for the below points

1) I am now working on L1. My H1 is eligible for 1st of October. I am not working on H1 nor have any pay stubs with H1 company.
      So will I be able to transfer H1?

2) If my new employer can file a new H1B and if it gets approved, i will ask my consultant to cancel my Existing H1. Is i possible?

Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
      Originally posted by Subramanya View Post

---- You can apply for H1 transfer to the new company. Upon approval of new H1 you can start working for them (these days it is always better to wait for approval than join soon after receiving the receipt notice as was done earlier)

---- If you are thinking of holding twofull time H1B's at the same time it may not be possible as you will not be able to work for 16 hours everyday

---- Alternately, you can hold one full time and one part time H1B and work for two employers. You decide for which employer you want to work full time and which employer you want to work part time

Subramanya

Comment

1) I am now working on L1. My H1 is eligible for 1st of October. I am not working on H1 nor have any pay stubs with H1 company.
        So will I be able to transfer H1?

---- You do not have tp show your H1 pay stubs. The current paystubs of L1 will siffice for your transfer application

2) If my new employer can file a new H1B and if it gets approved, i will ask my consultant to cancel my Existing H1. Is i possible?

---- Yes, you can do that

Subramanya
        Last edited by Subramanya; 09-21-2010, 06:34 PM. Reason: spellings

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X