Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forgot to file for H1B Amendment

Hi,

I work for Client A and moved from Location A to Location B during the pandemic. I had my pay checks run on Location B for the last 6months without filing a H1B amendment. I still have my H1 valid till end of 2022.

1. Do I need to file an amendment immediately? Will it might be an issue? What are the odds of approval if we seek the USCIS discretion or provided an explanation? FYI.. I am still working with same employer and client.
    2. Do I need to change my paycheck back to Location A and wait until end of 2022 (almost an year) and then file for extension or change of address?

Did anyone face this situation earlier? Please help me in resolving this issue. Awaiting you reply.

Thanks,
    Rahul

Hi,
    Here is my though on your question.
    1. Do I need to file an amendment immediately? Will it might be an issue? What are the odds of approval if we seek the USCIS discretion or provided an explanation? FYI.. I am still working with same employer and client.
    Answer: If you file an Amendment for now with different address, I am sure you will get RFE for requesting more clarification. You will have to relocate to the previous location that listed in the LCA immediately then get paid with that location for few months. Afterwards you can file an Amendment. With the help of amendment petition receipt notice, you can continue working with new project/ location.
    2. Do I need to change my paycheck back to Location A and wait until end of 2022 (almost an year) and then file for extension or change of address?
    Answer: You will have to take action on this immediately in order to avoid any issues in the future. You must relocate to Location A in order to change the address in the pay stubs.
    Thanks

Comment

Thanks rkk09 for you valuable answers. One more question: My I-140 has been recently approved and will this have any affect on the Green Card process ?

Comment

Hi,
        One more question: My I-140 has been recently approved and will this have any affect on the Green Card process ?
        Answer: Please resolve the address issues. Hope you will not have any issues in future.
        All the best.
        Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X