Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 dropbox visa stamping when H1b changed employer

Hello,

My wife is travelling to India on 11/14/2021 and has her H4 dropbox visa appointment scheduled for 12/10/2021. Her current h4 visa is valid till 1/19/2024.
    When filing out DS-160 and us travel docs forms we used my current employer A as the petitioner information but now I am moving to another employer B(New h1b approved till 11/2/2024, lawyer didn't file wife h4 again as its already valid till 1/19/2024).

My questions are:
    1. Will she still be eligible for her dropbox appointment?
    2. My change of employer will affect her visa stamping as we used employer A on her DS160 form?
    3. If Q1 is Yes and Q2 is No then what documents should she carry for dropbox? Is it advisable to travel?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Member,
    Please see my response below.
    1. Will she still be eligible for her dropbox appointment?
    Answer: Since she has H4 visa already, why she wants to go again? Do you mean H4 Approval? If so, she can go with previously approved H4 along with your current H1B transfer approval documentation. And still she will be eligible for Drop box too.
    2. My change of employer will affect her visa stamping as we used employer A on her DS160 form?
    Answer: You will need to update new Employer details in the DS 160.. If you have not submitted DS 160 yet then you can modify. If you have already submitted DS 160 then go with new DS 160 form and update the same in CGI portal.
    3. If Q1 is Yes and Q2 is No then what documents should she carry for dropbox? Is it advisable to travel?
    Answer: Please refer above Answers. And regarding documentation, since you already booked, you would have received Email with list of documents you will need to submit.
    Please follow the same and make sure to include your H1B transfer documentations.
    Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X