Visa appointment in Canada/Mexico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa appointment in Canada/Mexico

I'm on H1B and located in US and planning a trip to India. I'll need visa stamped as it's expired. Even though i qualify for interview waiver, don't see any visa appointment availability in any consulates/dropbox's over there.

Is it possible to get the stamping done in Canada or Mexico? What is the process for that? Is there any risks involved in going to any of those countries?

Hi Member,
    Please see my response below.
    Is it possible to get the stamping done in Canada or Mexico? What is the process for that? Is there any risks involved in going to any of those countries?
    Answer: Yes. If the targeted country is allowing third country national visa application for now, you can go ahead and plan for your visa stamping.
    Process is same like DS 160 filing, visa fees payment and Interview slots schedule.
    There is nothing risk involved on this. Many people do the same and get the visa stamping very smoothly.. But during pandemic situation, you will need to make sure everything for entry visa for concern country, permits and other stuff involved in this matter.
    All the best.
    Thanks

Comment

Third Country Nationals: Routine appointments for applicants not ordinarily resident in Mexico are not available at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by gdgjhvddh View Post
        Third Country Nationals: Routine appointments for applicants not ordinarily resident in Mexico are not available at this time.

https://mx.usembassy.gov/visas/
        Looks like it's not possible do that in Mexico. How about in Canada?

Comment

Originally posted by donguy76 View Post

Looks like it's not possible do that in Mexico. How about in Canada?
          It's very likely the same situation there as well. Check their website

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X