Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B Visa Interview - Offer Letter Query (Urgent)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa Interview - Offer Letter Query (Urgent)

Hi,

I have an upcoming H1B visa interview appointment at Toronto consulate next week.

The original Offer Letter that I got from the US employer mentions a Start Date of August 2021. And the approved H1B petition is valid from October 2021.

Do I need to get an updated offer letter of start date in the future for the visa appointment or the old offer letter will be fine?

I do have an employment letter which does not mention any dates - and just mentions details about Employer-Employee relationship, position, job duties and salary. Will that be sufficient?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Member,
    Here is my response.
    Do I need to get an updated offer letter of start date in the future for the visa appointment or the old offer letter will be fine?
    Answer: Offer letter must be issued before you joins.. In your case, You have joined with current Employer with different status and later you got H1B approved through them which is started from Oct 01 onwards. If this is the case, you can go ahead with the actual offer letter they issues before Oct 01. If you joined with current Employer with the help of H1B, then there is no point to use the offer letter with the start date of Aug month and it must be wrong issuance.
    I do have an employment letter which does not mention any dates - and just mentions details about Employer-Employee relationship, position, job duties and salary. Will that be sufficient?
    Answer: Please note, Employment verification letter should contains with below information.
    • Employee full name as per Passport
    • Employee start date with Employer
    • Job title
    • Job duties
    • Full time/ part time
    • Average working hours
    • Salary
    • Work location
    • Signing Authority contact Information
    Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}