company acquisitions and H1B visa status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• company acquisitions and H1B visa status

I work on H1B for a company A ( a child company of a Big group X). 6 mon later my company A is acquired by another company B. When i asked the attorney about H1b transfer I was responded that a H1B transfer is not required as the company following DOL procedure.
    Now company B is going to be acquired by another company C.
    Yesterday the attorney called me and said the company B wants to do H1 transfer. He didnt give a proper reason and said he got instructions from the company B.
    He was also not sure what to do after acquisition by company C.

I am confused is there any particular reason for company B to spend so much money for H1B transfer now?
    Do my petition to be transferred to company B when there is acquisition by company C. ?

I am fed up with this acquisitions mess and started searching for new job.
    If i find a new job can i use my petition from company A for H1 transfer to New company?
    Will there be any issue when H1B transfer to new job process? Please advice.

Hi Member,
    Please see my response below.

I am confused is there any particular reason for company B to spend so much money for H1B transfer now?
    Answer: It might be the reason it is acquired second time by another firm.. You will need to have a discussion with senior Immigration Attorney regarding this.
    Do my petition to be transferred to company B when there is acquisition by company C. ?
    Answer: If Immigration Attorney suggesting to file H1B transfer petition, please move forward. But, as per my knowledge, It may need to do transfer petition or Amendment petition. What my argument is, A acquired by B is fine and there is no need of filing H1B petition again. But again C is going to acquire company B is making some what oscillation here about filing the transfer or Amendment petition.
    If I find a new job can I use my petition from company A for H1 transfer to New company?
    Answer: Yes. This is doable and you will not have any issues at the time of filing transfer petition too.
    Will there be any issue when H1B transfer to new job process? Please advice.
    Answer: No. With the information you provided, I don't find any hard situation, if you prefer for H1B transfer.
    All the best.
    Thanks

Comment

My company was acquired twice over the years by larger companies. It was never an issue with the half dozen H1B's I had in my employ.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X