Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name change while H1-B approved

Hi,

My previous passport had my whole name in the first name field and nothing in the last name. I got my H1-B approved on my previous passport. My SSN is also based on the previous passport only.omegle xender

Now I need to update the name on my SSN. Can anyone tell me what's the way forward to change name in SSN? Do I need to file H1-B amendment as well? What about name update in I-94? I am not planing to exit the US anytime soon because of the pandemic.

Thank you.
    Last edited by GulbadinNaib; 11-16-2021, 05:12 AM.

Hi Member,
    Please see my response below.
    Now I need to update the name on my SSN. Can anyone tell me what's the way forward to change name in SSN? Do I need to file H1-B amendment as well? What about name update in I-94? I am not planning to exit the US anytime soon because of the pandemic.
    Answer: To change the name on SSN, H1B Approval and I-94, you will need new passport with corrected name as proof. With that only, you can correct the name on all of these documents.
    All the best.
    Thanks

Comment

To expound on rkk, you will need to get all that paperwork he describes and take it to a social security office in the US for their examination.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X