X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 denied and F1 active but we dont have i797 for F1

Hi All,

Need guidance on below.

I was planning to do MS and applied for university in June 21 and i got I20 from my university after i paid Sevis fees.
    Till then i was on H4 and it was about to expire (extension was already filed).
    The University asked me to file I539 for status change or i had option to visit India for F1 stamping.
    We didnt go with either of the options and decided to continue on H4 .
    Some days ago I got H4 extension stating that it got rejected as i am already on F1.This is unexpected result since we didnt apply for status change and it said my F1 is active since June21.
    We dont have any email or letter stating my F1 status and University also dont have any idea and now asking me I797 if i want admission.

Kindly guide on how to get my supporting documents for F1 (Note:- USCIS wait time is too long and we tried lot)

TIA

Hi Member,
    It is really suspicious. Without filing change of status petition or obtain visa at consulate for F1, how come you get F1 status change?
    I feel, USCIS may wrongly adjudicate your H4 petition. I suggest you to file MTR on your H4 denial.
    If there is no time or not prefer to file a MTR then you can leave the country and get F1 visa stamped at home country consulate/ embassy.
    All the best.
    Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X