I got selected H1B but am leaving for a new company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got selected H1B but am leaving for a new company

Hello everyone, this is my first posting on this forum, and please help me with my situation. As you know, USCIS conducted 3rd round of H1B re-selection last weekend and I got selected. However, I am leaving my current company on Wednesday to join a new company. Is it possible that I can still save this spot and have it transferred to the new company? Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Originally posted by yangzhi0703 View Post
    Hello everyone, this is my first posting on this forum, and please help me with my situation. As you know, USCIS conducted 3rd round of H1B re-selection last weekend and I got selected. However, I am leaving my current company on Wednesday to join a new company. Is it possible that I can still save this spot and have it transferred to the new company? Any suggestions are much appreciated.
    It is just lottery selection to file H1B application. As per my knowledge, transfer will be done when you have H1B application approved and you got 2 months payslips from employer with whom lottery and H1B application filed.

Disclaimer : I am not attorney and expert. I may be wrong with info. Please check with concern experts on the topic.

Comment

Originally posted by yangzhi0703 View Post
      Hi Member,
      Unfortunately NO. You can do H1B transfer once you be on H1B status.. You will need to file the initial H1B petition with whom your H1B got selected. If you miss this opportunity then you will need to again consider for next year electronic registration process with preferred Employer/ petitioner.
      Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X