Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 transfer while 221g is pending

Hi,
    My h1b was approved this year and I came to India for H1 visa stamping with my current employer and received 221G yellow slip requesting additional documentation. I have submitted all the requested documents but haven’t received any response. My client is willing to apply for H1 transfer. Can I apply for H1 transfer even though my stamping is pending under 221G and apply for visa interview again with new employer?

Hi Member,
    My client is willing to apply for H1 transfer. Can I apply for H1 transfer even though my stamping is pending under 221G and apply for visa interview again with new employer?
    Answer: Yes. You can. But, It is better to wait for H1B visa stamping status then you can plan for H1B transfer petition.. What my concern is, If you withdraw the stamping application which is pending then you will need to do H1B transfer petition, getting approved then again visa stamping which will take longer time. Instead of this, you can wait for H1B visa stamping status. Once you get visa approval then you can file H1B transfer petition, get approved then travel to the USA with new transfer approval documents.
    All the best.
    Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X