I-797 courtesy copy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-797 courtesy copy

Hi, my H1b got approved and my employer has received a I-797 approval notice courtesy copy. It does not have an I-94. On the copy, it says that the lower portion should be given to the employee - left hand side to be used for visa stamping, and right hand side to be used as I-94. But there is no left/right/lower part of form. Will the original be sent to the lawyer? When should it come? Which copy will I need to get visa stamp from consulate in India?

Hi OP,

If you have applied H1 through company attorney - then they must have got the Original I-797 with I-94 . It will be I-797A.

The one which your employer has got is the courtsey copy which is I-797C.

Both are exactly same except for the Bottom Part (I-94).
    So contact your attorney and check if they have received it/going to receive.
    and they should send it to your employer.

For H1 Visa stamping - you can use either of them (Original) .
    as mentioned , only difference is the bottom part -I-94 (Right bottom)which you have to give it back to the airlines while going back to your home country.

Thanks and Regards,
    Abhay

Comment

I have the same issue.

But the courtesy copy I received is not named as "I 797C" but it is just "I 797".

As I am dependent, the courtesy copy is mailed to my address directly. Is this normal?

It does not have I-94 attached but its description says "to keep the I 94 attached below", but it is blank below.

I need to check with my attorney, but as it is weekend I did not get any update from them.

Please advise if it is normal and whether the attorney would get the copy with I 94 (or) without I 94?

Comment

What is the final solution for i797 Courtesy copy with no I94 attached

I am also having the same issue, could anyone let me know what i have to do to get the I797A approval copy with I94 ?

Applied for H1b and got the approval with validity for 2 Years, but there is no I94 attached in the I797 C courtesy copy.
        Please help me, what i have to do now. Checked with my Employer, but they have not informed that they received it!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X