Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 48 month Interview waiver policy in 2022

Hello,
    My H1B visa was expired in July 2019 and I scheduled for visa renewal appointment in January 2022. While completing the application, the system asked is your visa expired within 48 months and answer was yes, so I qualified for a dropbox appointment. However, it looks like the 48 month visa expiration was valid only during 2021. I called US travel docs call center and they said they don't have any update on the same policy in 2022. A lot of people are booking appointments in 2022 whose visa expired within 48 month. Anyone knows any official source that says the rule is valid in 2022 as well? Thanks.

Originally posted by yifavav976 View Post
    Hello,
    My H1B visa was expired in July 2019 and I scheduled for visa renewal appointment in January 2022. While completing the application, the system asked is your visa expired within 48 months and answer was yes, so I qualified for a dropbox appointment. However, it looks like the 48 month visa expiration was valid only during 2021. I called US travel docs call center and they said they don't have any update on the same policy in 2022. A lot of people are booking appointments in 2022 whose visa expired within 48 month. Anyone knows any official source that says the rule is valid in 2022 as well? Thanks.
    Hi Member,
    Yes. We dont really know, how Department of state will react after Dec 2021 on Interview waiver extension validity. But, As per my knowledge, If you have booked the slot during the rule is applicable, it can be used by applicant.
    Lets wait for further update on this.
    All the best.
    Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X