Visa appointment confirmation shows wrong visa type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa appointment confirmation shows wrong visa type

i scheduled my & my spouse visa appointment in Delhi VAC. i See error in online system. as below

in my dashboard or appointment history, i see visa type as H4 for myself and my wife slots. I come under H1b and my wife comes under H4 visa types.
    I can confirm, DS160 HAS CORRECT VISA TYPES. But in online portal & appointment confirmation page i see H4 for both. Does this discrepancies give any problem
    at interview ?

i added my wife as dependent in my CGI account and later when appointments open, my wife logged into her account and booked the appointment for her, and later days i logged in to my account and booked my slot, since she was added as dependent in my account, upon appointment confirmation system cancelled her appointment and booked a new slot along with me. but when i check the appointment confirmation i see visa type as H4 for both of us. Can i attend the interview which has members 2 and visa type H4 or i will be stopped
    again DS 160 has correct visa types.

Originally posted by dswaroop View Post
    i scheduled my & my spouse visa appointment in Delhi VAC. i See error in online system. as below

in my dashboard or appointment history, i see visa type as H4 for myself and my wife slots. I come under H1b and my wife comes under H4 visa types.
    I can confirm, DS160 HAS CORRECT VISA TYPES. But in online portal & appointment confirmation page i see H4 for both. Does this discrepancies give any problem
    at interview ?

i added my wife as dependent in my CGI account and later when appointments open, my wife logged into her account and booked the appointment for her, and later days i logged in to my account and booked my slot, since she was added as dependent in my account, upon appointment confirmation system cancelled her appointment and booked a new slot along with me. but when i check the appointment confirmation i see visa type as H4 for both of us. Can i attend the interview which has members 2 and visa type H4 or i will be stopped
    again DS 160 has correct visa types.
    Hi Member,
    It might be problem only.. You might have selected H4 for you as well it seems.. Better you rectify the mistakes before go for visa stamping. Otherwise, it may impact for your Interview.
    All the best.
    Thanks

Comment

Hi swaroop,

Did you go ahead with the interview? Was there a problem with visa class?

Comment

Were you able to correct this and get your visa stamped , please let me know?

Comment

Hi swaroop,
          I am in the same boat and will wanted to know was there any issue in the visa processing. Please let me know how did you proceed ahead. Appreciate your response

Comment

Hello Everyone, any of you have any update on the above situation. I am in the same situation. Kindly request you to share your experience please.

Edit: Cancelled my appointment and now searching for new one. Its a bad situation. Had flights and everything booked.
            Last edited by srikhs1; 04-19-2022, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Hello Guys - I am also in the same situation. Kindly share if you have any updates.

Comment

Originally posted by Manju1986 View Post
                Hello Guys - I am also in the same situation. Kindly share if you have any updates.
                Did you find the issue resolved? Please let us know how did you overcome this problem. Thank you!

Comment

In the same situation, does anybody have an update to share?

Comment

Please let me know if anyone had success with this issue? I've the same problem and visa appointment helpdek is of no help.

Comment

Hi All, I am on my H-1B and my spouse is on her H-4. Recently, I booked a dropbox visa appointment in India for my spouse and I. I did this from my profile. But, the appointment confirmation page and the appointment history page shows H-4 for the both of us. When I look at the appointment history page, I see that there is a field "Is Dependent" which is false for me and true for my spouse. Looks like you saw something similar during your dropbox appointment. Did any of you face any issues for the H-1B application at the dropbox location? We have been trying for more than 6 months to get this appointment and hence we don't know when we can get it back if we have to cancel this. Its really frustrating. I look forward to hearing from you as it will help us. Thanks.

Comment

prasy90 . The IS Dependent status is correct the way you have described. True for your spouse indicates that your spouse is your dependent and false for you indicates you are the primary applicant. So I think you should be okay based on what I had seen people share in ******** groups

Comment

Just wanted to share an update. In my case, I am the H-1B holder and we booked the appointment through my husband's profile who is on H-4. So my visa class was shown as H-4 and the IS DEPENDENT field was marked as true. We proceeded with our biometrics and interview appointment and everything went okay. Visa was approved on the day of the interview itself. During biometrics, the person taking the fingerprints asked me if the appointment was made through my husband's profile to which I said yes and they said okay. Nothing else was asked

Comment

Hi All, I am on my H-1B and my spouse is on her H-4. Recently, I booked a drobox visa appointment in India for my spouse and I. I did this from my profile. But, the appointment confirmation page and the appointment history page shows H-4 for me. When I look at the appointment history page, I do not see any Dependent field which is false since i added my wife as family member . Looks like you saw something similar during your dropbox appointment. Did any of you face any issues for the H-1B application at the dropbox location? We have been trying for more than 6 months to get this appointment and hence we don't know when we can get it back if we have to cancel this. Its really frustrating. I look forward to hearing from you as it will help us. Thanks.

Comment

Hi gove1988, mine was an Interview appointment with the wrong visa type printed (I am H-1B whereas it was printed as H-4). I didnt have any problem with my appointment. I also saw another thread where someone shared that they didnt have any issue with dropbox either.

I scheduled my & my spouse visa appointment in Delhi VAC. i See error in online system. as below in my dashboard or appointment history, i see visa type as H4 for myself and my wife slots. I come under H1b and my wife comes under H4 visa types. I can confirm, DS160 HAS CORRECT VISA TYPES. But in online portal &

Hope this helps

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X