Employer did not share H1B receipt nu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employer did not share H1B receipt nu

My ex-employer petitioned for H1B and informed that it was picked in lottery and approved. However they did not share the petition or receipt number. Later they threatened to revoke the petition when I was quitting. Is there a way to get the receipt number from the ex-employer? FOIA did not help as USCIS said they do not have the records as it may have been destroyed as per retention policy. Please help.

Hi Member,

Even under FOIA, You will need receipt number to get either Approval or receipt notice.. In this situation, you will need help from your Employer.. As per my knowledge, they can not deny your request to share approval notice as you need to keep copy of approval notice at your work location..
    Please send an official email to them to request approval or receipt notice as you are the beneficiary of the petition and you have full authority to seek the same.

All the best.
    Thanks

Comment

My petition was picked in 2014 lottery. My ex-employer did not hand over the petition even after a year. Thereafter I left the organization in 2015. So even though the petition was approved, it was never stamped and I never traveled with it.

Comment

Is my ex-employer legally obliged to share the application or petition details or receipt number with me?

Comment

Originally posted by gautham_speed View Post
          Is my ex-employer legally obliged to share the application or petition details or receipt number with me?
          Hi Member,
          Of course YES. As a beneficiary of the petition, you have all the rights to request H1B Approval or receipt notice that is associating with your petition.
          Thanks

Comment

Is it better to ask for the petition details through an attorney?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X