H1 one year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 one year

Hi, I recently got my H1 for 1 year. It will expire in Sep 2011. I am planning to go to India for stamping in Nov or Dec 2010. I would appreciate if someone could help me in knowing if it would be a problem at the visa center or at the port of entry. I am in a little confusion if they would stop from giving a visa or at the port of entry. Please help friends!

Thanks,
    Vinay

Why is it a problem? Your visa (If not denied due to any other factor) & I-94 will be issued until the petition expiry date.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Hi Shervin, I thought it would be a problem because my visa expires in Sep 2010 which will be 9 months if i come back in Jan 2011. So, i thought 9 months left on the visa would be a problem.

Comment

and my first h1 was denied last year. this is the second one. will this be a problem anyway?

Comment

9 months is a lot of time. As long as the petition remains valid, you can go for the visa stamping.

Originally posted by vinay1285 View Post
          Hi Shervin, I thought it would be a problem because my visa expires in Sep 2010 which will be 9 months if i come back in Jan 2011. So, i thought 9 months left on the visa would be a problem.

Comment

That should not be a problem. If it was indeed a problem, then you wouldn't have got your stamping done successfully the 2nd time.

Originally posted by vinay1285 View Post
            and my first h1 was denied last year. this is the second one. will this be a problem anyway?

Comment

my first petition was denied and the second one is approved. Have to get it stamped. And also my employer is in Texas and my client is in New Jersey. Will I be questioned that why am I working at the client's place rather than the employer's place?

Comment

If they question that, then no IT consultancy company can survive in U.S. If you work at the client place, then carry the client letter when you go for stamping. The key to get the visa is to carry all the required documents & maintaining a clean immigration status.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X