Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Undergrad/Masters/H1B in Chemical Engineering. How to switch H1B to Computer Science

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Undergrad/Masters/H1B in Chemical Engineering. How to switch H1B to Computer Science

Hi,

I did my Undergrad and masters in Chemical Engineering and currently working in US on H1b Visa in a related field.

However I got very interested in Computer Science/Machine Learning Field and want to change my career now.

Since CS is not my specialization what can I do to get H1b Approved for a Computer Science Company ?

Can I do Online masters in Machine Learning while working on H1b and once completed can I transfer H1B to a CS Company ?

Thanks for your help.

Hi Member,

Please see my response below.

Since CS is not my specialization what can I do to get H1b Approved for a Computer Science Company ?
    Answer: You will surely need to proof, you have education/ experience background to work on IT field.. If you have any computer related subjects that you studied during bachelors or masters or any certification courses you have completed on computer science or work experience on IT will be helpful in order to proof as specialty occupation job.

Can I do Online masters in Machine Learning while working on H1b and once completed can I transfer H1B to a CS Company ?
    Answer: I dont think so, It will support for your new platform.

All the best.
    Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X