Go to Canda for H1 visa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go to Canda for H1 visa?

I need to go to either India/Canada to get a new H1 visa. This is NOT my first H1, but my existing visa is expiring.

Is there any reason to believe that it is preferable for me to go to India rather than Canada (which will be much more convenient and timely, as I have upcoming travel needs)? Have there been too many admin processing/ security checks, etc happening in Canada recently, as compared to India? Or is this equally possible in India? I do have a multiple entry Canadian visa valid well into the future.

I need to go to either India/Canada to get a new H1 visa. This is NOT my first H1, but my existing visa is expiring.

Is there any reason to believe that it is preferable for me to go to India rather than Canada (which will be much more convenient and timely, as I have upcoming travel needs)? Have there been too many admin processing/ security checks, etc happening in Canada recently, as compared to India? Or is this equally possible in India? I do have a multiple entry Canadian visa valid well into the future.

---- You can always apply for a visa at a US Consulate in Canada. But be prepared for all the consequences whether they are administrative processing or security checks.

---- Of course all these check whether they are in CAnda of India. It just depends on the VO at the time of your interview

---- Do not read too much into all the negative things happening at Canada. Be positive and hope for the best. You should come as a winner if all documentsa are in order and you do well at the interview

Subramanya

Comment

What exactly is the consequence of having a security check/admin processing happen? I have a visa to Canada and will be going there for business anyway. If I combine an appointment at a US consulate there along with my trip, and have a delay happen (such as security check), I could still stay in Canada and work from there until the issue is resolved, right? My company has offices in Canada, so there shouldn't be a problem in my setting up base there for a few weeks. Am I missing something?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X