IW(Dropbox) Appointment for first time H1B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IW(Dropbox) Appointment for first time H1B

I qualify for the Drop Box submission criteria as per new announcement, and I uploaded the photo while completion of DS-160, but the confirmation page still showing “Photo will be taken at ASC” was displayed.

I scheduled my Dropbox appointment on 25th Jan and the confirmation letter showing only VAC appointment.

do I have to schedule an appointment for Finger printing and photo?

could you please advise.

As per the clarification details on this below site, it seems it is completely fine to have VAC shown for dropbox appointments.

Having VAC can mean Dropbox Appointment as well

Based on many users’ experiences in the past 10 days or so and also confirmation from USTravelDocs Customer Support, it is confirmed that Dropbox or Interview Waiver Appointment booking screen would also show ‘VAC‘ for the last few letters at the “Select Interview Location” dropdown, next to the consulate name. It will no longer show ‘IW’ for dropbox appointment bookings.

We do not know the specific reason for this change, but many users were able to drop off documents and even get visa stamping done after they booked the slot using the VAC in the dropdown. So, it is proven to be working and we have confirmation.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X