H-1B interview waiver eligibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H-1B interview waiver eligibility

I recently changed from L-1B to H-1B via COS, and want to get H1 stamped from India. Am I eligible for interview waiver?
    The waiver condition says, you should be issued a US visa before, but I am not clear if that visa needs to be currently active.
    I assume the L1 became inactive as soon as I changed status to H1

Here is the link to interview waiver for reference: https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...ant-visas.html

Unfortunately, I don't think you qualify. Check criteria #1 here "have a previous U.S. visa in the same class as the visa for which I wish to apply"

Comment

Hello vbc0891 ,
      the link you provided seems to be for renewing existing visa which is not a new rules.

the below ink has info that if you are applying for other than existing visa and wanted stamp for that, then new interview waiver rules is applicable.
      https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...ant-visas.html

I have been watching YT videos from various immigration then also confirm that if you previously any type of visa issues, can be eligible for in-person interview waiver.

rkk09 - could you please help on this?

Originally posted by vbc0891 View Post
      Unfortunately, I don't think you qualify. Check criteria #1 here "have a previous U.S. visa in the same class as the visa for which I wish to apply"

Comment

As per CGI portal, each visa applicant must independently meet the following criteria to qualify for interview waiver -

1) Do you have previous U.S. visa in any visa class issued?
        2) Was your prior visa annotated “Clearance Received” or “Department Authorization”?
        3) Was your most recent U.S. visa lost or stolen or cancelled?
        4) Have you ever been refused a U.S. visa before?
        5) Was your most recent U.S. visa issued after January 1, 2008?

If each visa applicant have answers like Yes, No, No, No, Yes then you are eligible for interview waiver as per my experience.

Hope this helps.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X