Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premium Processing Issues

Hi,

My employer has filed my H1B through Premium Processing on Sep 13th, and got the Receipt number generated on Sep 20th. Thus, we are expecting the decision by Oct 04th (15 day Calendar period), so far I haven't got any RFE also. And As per their policy they are not sharing the Receipt Number with me. I am just going by their words... Today, it is 14th day and no response yet... Please share, if any of you have gone through similar situation

My employer has filed my H1B through Premium Processing on Sep 13th, and got the Receipt number generated on Sep 20th. Thus, we are expecting the decision by Oct 04th (15 day Calendar period), so far I haven't got any RFE also. And As per their policy they are not sharing the Receipt Number with me. I am just going by their words... Today, it is 14th day and no response yet... Please share, if any of you have gone through similar situation[/QUOTE]

----- If the employer has not told you anything so far, then everything should be going well and just await to hear that your petition is approved. Take it that 'NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS'

Subramanya

Comment

Thanks Subramanya,

I am worried because tomorrow is 15th day, and so far all the Premium Processing cases got the approval/RFE within 10-12 days MAX....and Employer not sharing the Receipt number is another concern...

Comment

I got an RFE on the last day it seems, this is what I got to know from my employer.
        1. Is there any chance that on 15th day we get an RFE
        2. And the attorney has got a fax directly on that day about the RFE.....and she hasn't got any email regarding the RFE...Is that possible?
        3. When I asked her to share the RFE she didn't. The response I got was, as it is related to the company and nothing is required from my end, they don't want to share the RFE. Is that acceptable?
        Because, I don't even have my Receipt number with me, and until and unless I ask them continuosly what is happening they are not responding...with all these things I don't have any clarity on what is happening with my H1B ....Has somebody gone through something related to this??

Comment

HI OP,

I can only say - as H1 Petiton is Employers petiton- so they have a control over it.
          So it is acceptable legally -if they don;t share anyhing with you regarding H1 petition.
          Only reason I can think that they are not sharing receipt Number with you is -that after approval - you don't transfer your H1 to some other employer.

Thanks and Regards,
          Abhay

Comment

Hi,

Can you please tell me how come Receipt number is required for a H1B Transfer? Anyways, they have to provide me the petetion after approval....

Comment

Hi OP,

When you file the application with USCIS for H1 transfer - to be counted in the same CAP - there is a field -receipt # which should be mentioned to show that you have an exisiting valid H1 petition.

It is between you and your employer - but legally speaking they are not liable to give you your H1 petition (I-797) even after approval as it is a employers document.
              But :
              (a) If you are in US already - they need to give you (legally) I-94 (if it is there in I-797) to you.
              (b) or if you are going for visa stamping for the same employer-then they should give you I-797 if they want your stamping should be done without any issues.

Thanksa nd Regards,
              Abhay

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X