Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel on H4 Extension

Hello,

This is my situation and I would like somebody's advice on the same.

I am currently on H1 and my wife is on H4. Both our visas expired on Sept 28th, 2010 and our visa extensions have been applied and is currently in process. The question I have is,

1) My wife does not have any form of ID other than an Indian passport and visa (which has expired). Can she travel within the US on an expired visa or does she have to wait until both our visas are approved and we have to get out of the country to have our visas stamped?

2) Can any document or papers be used as an age ID for her until our visa comes through and we have it stamped?

Please do let me know since I am struggling to get a concrete answer from my company's legal dept.

Appreciate your response.

She can travel fine within the US with the existing passport as long as it is valid. Visa in an entry document and need not be valid. All that needs to be good is your status and prove it in states like AZ. You can carry proof of your renewal I797 receipt if you are concerned.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X