Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 not utilized.. Now attending H1 Interview

Hi

I have a valied B1 visa (i got it in April 2010 via administrative processing) valied for only 1 year(coz of administrative processing). However i didnt travel to USA upto now on B1 visa.
    My companey filed H1 for me and my petition got approved last week. I am going to Visa interview to chennai this month.
    1) Whether i can expect a question that "why didnt you utulize your B1 visa"
    If so how should i react.

2) If i go for a short trip(2 weeks) on B1 now, its urgent for my employer. Will that affect my H1b interview as i has to attend interview immediately after returning from US.

I will decide my plan depending on your response

Thanks

I have a valied B1 visa (i got it in April 2010 via administrative processing) valied for only 1 year(coz of administrative processing). However i didnt travel to USA upto now on B1 visa.
    My companey filed H1 for me and my petition got approved last week. I am going to Visa interview to chennai this month.

1) Whether i can expect a question that "why didnt you utulize your B1 visa"
    If so how should i react.

---- NO, the VO will not question why you have'nt traveled on B1 visa as they are not interested in knowing what you have done with the visa. If you have traveled then you have made use of it. Otherwise it does not affect any other visa or visa interview

2) If i go for a short trip(2 weeks) on B1 now, its urgent for my employer. Will that affect my H1b interview as i has to attend interview immediately after returning from US.

---- NO. One visa does not any bearing on any other visa. Both the visas are independent asn when you are interviewed for H1, there will be no question of B1. All questions will be related to H1 only

Subramanya

Comment

Thanks subramanya

Thanks subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X