Options after my H1B extension was denied

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Options after my H1B extension was denied

Hi All, I had an H1B visa for employer A approved in October 2015 and was in the US for 2.1 years from Nov 2016 to Feb 2019. However my Visa extension got denied in Feb 2019 and I came back to India in Feb 2019.
    I switched my job in Dec 2019 and now work for employer B. I am not sure if my employer A revoked my petition after my extension was denied and I left employer A.
    My questions:
    1. Can my employer B still file for an H1B transfer on my petition which was filed by employer A if it was revoked /not revoked ?
    2. How long will my H1B be valid ? It was originally approved in Oct 2015 but I have stayed in the US only for 2.1 years. (From Nov 2016 to Feb 2019)
    3. My current location is India.

okey

Comment

Does this mean you're working for B in India now? Anyhow, if you stopped working for A your visa is not valid. All this is possible perhaps, but B's lawyers had better hop to it (and pay for premium processing). Time is running out.

Comment

I consumed only 2 out of the 6 years of my H1B, my understanding was that the H1B visa is employer independent. Just want to make sure if it’s still valid in case of extension denial

Comment

Your understanding is WRONG. An H-1B is very much employer-specific.
          Last edited by flyingron; 02-26-2022, 03:18 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X