Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B Stamping Experience - Kolkata

Folks,

This is with regard to H1B stamping (both for myself and my wife). We both have successful stamping in Kolkata during second week of Septmber

My Case: I am in US for close to 9 years...came here on F-1 and currently on 7th year of H1 (Labor + 140 Approved). Passport already contained Visa from the same company but was expired in 2009.

My wife's case: She came on H4 and then converted to F-1.Completed her Masters in May 2010. H1 was filed in Aug took 2 weeks to approve

Anyways, we had consecutive appointment number but were called together. There were only few questions for both of us like

Which University you attended ?

Where do you work ?

How long you folks have been married ?

Is it a love marriage or arranged marriage ?

I answered: Its a long story

VO smiled and told us that our Visas have been approved.

Well the reason i am posting this is that i was kinda lil scared before my Visa interview as i read lot of issues that people were facing in Jul/Aug during their Visa Stamping

and MOST OF THE PEOPLE USUALLY COME TO THIS FORUM ONLY WHEN THEY HAVE SOME PROBLEM. People with successful stamping mostly never care to post their experience.

I wanna say thanks to everyone on this forum who share their experiences and makes life easy for other.

Congratulation.

Thank you for posting your experience.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Renewed H1B stamping

Hello, I am on my second h1 and my first h1 stamp in passport expired in 2008. my new i797 is valid until 2011. For the following question "Are you applying for the same class of visa which is currently valid or has expired within the past 12 months?*" should I pick yes or no? Also, can I go for renewal interview in Kolkata? Please guide me.

Comment

I am on my second h1 and my first h1 stamp in passport expired in 2008. my new i797 is valid until 2011. For the following question "Are you applying for the same class of visa which is currently valid or has expired within the past 12 months?*" should I pick yes or no?
        >>> You should answer "NO". The question is clearly about your visa, not your petition or I-94.

Also, can I go for renewal interview in Kolkata? Please guide me.
        >>> Yes.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X