Change visa interview country after fee payment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change visa interview country after fee payment

I am in the US on an expired H1 and an approved 797. I need to travel to a US consulate to have my visa stamped. So I filled the DS-160 and paid the visa fees for India only to find that there are no dates available at all in any US consulate in India. I have been checking periodically to see if dates would open but no luck. So I am considering going to a US consulate in either Canada or Mexico to have the US visa stamped there.

Query: Is it possible for me to use the fee I have already paid to the US consulate in India while visiting the US consulate in Canada / Mexico? Or will I need to pay the fee again?

I don't see a way to enter my payment details while filling the application for Canada. The problem is that I can only see date availability AFTER fee payment. It will be really unfortunate if I pay the fee a second time for Canada, and once again find that there are no dates available even in Canada.

I will really appreciate if anyone with knowledge or experience of this situation can share any solutions.

Thanks,
    Gaurav

Originally posted by gauravnmittal View Post
    I am in the US on an expired H1 and an approved 797. I need to travel to a US consulate to have my visa stamped. So I filled the DS-160 and paid the visa fees for India only to find that there are no dates available at all in any US consulate in India. I have been checking periodically to see if dates would open but no luck. So I am considering going to a US consulate in either Canada or Mexico to have the US visa stamped there.

Query: Is it possible for me to use the fee I have already paid to the US consulate in India while visiting the US consulate in Canada / Mexico? Or will I need to pay the fee again?

I don't see a way to enter my payment details while filling the application for Canada. The problem is that I can only see date availability click here AFTER fee payment. It will be really unfortunate if I pay the fee a second time for Canada, and once again find that there are no dates available even in Canada.

I will really appreciate if anyone with knowledge or experience of this situation can share any solutions.

Thanks,
    Gaurav
    Hello gaurav, I am also looking for similar solution. Have you got yet?
    Last edited by nickxdd; 05-21-2022, 09:21 AM. Reason: spell mistake

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X