Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My non-STEM field wife applied H1 without my knowledge and picked up in lottery.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My non-STEM field wife applied H1 without my knowledge and picked up in lottery.

My wife did M.Sc. Biotech from London. I believe this degree is not eligible for H1 as it does not fall under STEM field.
    She filed for H1 with out my notice and her lottery got picked up.
    Right now she is on EAD.

I know the employers company name who applied H1 for her.
    1. How do I know on what educational qualifications she applied for H1?
    2. Can I ask USCIS for particulars of her H1 applications?
    Thank you.
    Last edited by rajskumar; 04-27-2022, 12:11 PM.

Eh? Biotech certainly sounds like STEM to me, why do you think it is not? Further, the STEM provisions likely don't apply to her anyhow (mostly they allow you to extend/bridge F1 OPT).

There is no obligation for YOU to be told anything. If you want to know, ask your wife.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingron View Post
      Eh? Biotech certainly sounds like STEM to me, why do you think it is not? Further, the STEM provisions likely don't apply to her anyhow (mostly they allow you to extend/bridge F1 OPT).

There is no obligation for YOU to be told anything. If you want to know, ask your wife.
      We are in separation. She would not tell.

I learnt recently that, their family provided wrong information to us for marriage proposal - her degree, educational qualifications, date of birth, horoscopes etc.
      She does not want to come to home country to proceed with divorce. It will cost me my savings a lot in US to get separated and divorced.

My security camera recorded her talking to her mother - "If I stay with him for more years, I wll get more money. I will just delay having kids."
      I showed this video to lawyers - they say that it would not help me in my divorce as I am in no-fault state. I am trying to save my money that I have been saving for building home and for kids. Kindly help.

Is there a way I can enquire with USCIS about her application? Or, her employer?
      Last edited by rajskumar; 04-28-2022, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Doesn't change my answer. You have no right to your spouse's information (either in relationship or estranged). You can make all the inquiries you want, but CIS isn't going to tell you and the employer would be a fool if they did as well.

By the way, in many states in the US your surreptitious recording of her conversation is criminal and can't be used in a legal proceeding either.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X