• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H-1b

Dear Shervin
    Good day
    I'm working in the states since last Feb.2010 with H-1B visa ,
    my passport visa will end in Dec.25th 2010,(multi entry ) and my i-94 till March 2010,
    I'm intending to travel to my country on vacation for 14 days in 23rd Oct.
    and taking with me all the paying slips and document from my company that i'm working with them since Feb. till now,and my H-1B approval notice(I-797)
    IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE NEEDED ? AND in general are there any recent issues for travel with H-1B Visa workers,
    thank you my friend

I assume your I-94 is through Mar 2011 and not 2010. Because that is what determines your legal stay.

On leaving you submit I-94 to the airline. On returning you must have Visa valid on the day of return, petition approval notice valid for some period in the future and client letters, paystubs if applicable.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
      I assume your I-94 is through Mar 2011 and not 2010. Because that is what determines your legal stay.

On leaving you submit I-94 to the airline. On returning you must have Visa valid on the day of return, petition approval notice valid for some period in the future and client letters, paystubs if applicable.
      thanks Kabkaba
      Yes it is March 2011
      my approval notice (i-797) is till March 2011,
      do you think it is ok?

Comment

If you have a valid I-94 now, then there are no issues. When you leave the country return your current I-94 to the airport officials. Upon return, you will get a new I-94 until your petition/visa expiry date. If you already have an extended H1B petition, then carry it with you. When you return show it at the POE and you will get a new I-94 until the extended petition.

You will need to a valid H1B petition, Visa, passport, employment verification letter, client letter (if you work at the client location), few recent pay slips when you return back.

Originally posted by barhooma99 View Post
        thanks Kabkaba
        Yes it is March 2011
        my approval notice (i-797) is till March 2011,
        do you think it is ok?
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

thanks

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
          If you have a valid I-94 now, then there are no issues. When you leave the country return your current I-94 to the airport officials. Upon return, you will get a new I-94 until your petition/visa expiry date. If you already have an extended H1B petition, then carry it with you. When you return show it at the POE and you will get a new I-94 until the extended petition.

You will need to a valid H1B petition, Visa, passport, employment verification letter, client letter (if you work at the client location), few recent pay slips when you return back.

Thank you Shervin.. you always of great help since i was still in my country
          i still have till March 2011 for my H1-B Validity ... is that ok??
          Last edited by barhooma99; 10-14-2010, 01:19 PM.

Comment

I eligible for H1.B?

Iam on H4,I have done Master of science in Physics.My education is not IT background,but it is 16 years college education.
            i have 1.6 years of real time exp in It filed.i have 3 Microsoft certifications.i got PGDCA post graduation Diplomo in Computer application certification when i was doing my bachelors degree.
            Could any one let me know am I eligible for H1.B?

Comment

That is okay. But it is advisable to file the extension at least 3 - 4 months in advance.

Originally posted by barhooma99 View Post
              Thank you Shervin.. you always of great help since i was still in my country
              i still have till March 2011 for my H1-B Validity ... is that ok??
              Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
                That is okay. But it is advisable to file the extension at least 3 - 4 months in advance.
                Thanks again Shervin, i'll do that as soon as i come back,

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X