Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Request!!! Help

Hi,

It has been a while since I posted on this site. This site has always been really helpful to me. Can someone please respond to my queries below?

I am an Information Security professional with over 7 years of work experience. I work for a very big multinational and I am currently on H1B visa which is due for the 2nd 3yr cycle extension in March 2011. My Greencard process has just started but my labor has not been completed yet. All with my information security profile.

I have been offered a position within my firm which is 50% or more different from my current job duties but in the same location. I am really interested in taking up this position.

a) When and how will my H1B have to be changed? Can you please tell me the process?
    b) When can I start working in this new position?
    c) The greencard lawyer told me that this should not be an issue to modify the job description once I move to the new position. Is this correct?

I am really worried about this and I have lost much sleep over the past few weeks due to this. Can you please help me?

It has been a while since I posted on this site. This site has always been really helpful to me. Can someone please respond to my queries below?

I am an Information Security professional with over 7 years of work experience. I work for a very big multinational and I am currently on H1B visa which is due for the 2nd 3yr cycle extension in March 2011. My Greencard process has just started but my labor has not been completed yet. All with my information security profile.

I have been offered a position within my firm which is 50% or more different from my current job duties but in the same location. I am really interested in taking up this position.

a) When and how will my H1B have to be changed? Can you please tell me the process?

---- The company will file for an amendment to your H1B when you want to join the position or if you have already joined it should be done soon

b) When can I start working in this new position?

---- You can start working immediately as it seems to be the same company. There should be no issues unless there are some legal matters that have to be sorted out by the attorneys

c) The greencard lawyer told me that this should not be an issue to modify the job description once I move to the new position. Is this correct?

Yes, he/she is right. It is upto you to proceed further with your employer

I am really worried about this and I have lost much sleep over the past few weeks due to this. Can you please help me?

---- Just relax and let the attroneys and the employer do their job

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X