Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 rejected L2 DS 160 employment question....urgent...please reply

Hi All,

Couple of days ago my h1 got rejected and now i am applying for L2 as my wife is in US.

While filling the DS160 there is a question regarding current employment and employer details, here should i select unemployed or select 'other' and give the reason as i was employed before H1 rejection.

I am paranoid to select unemployed due current employment situation in US and by selecting it will it affect the L2 visa.

Please let me know which option to select for this question.

Also for the previous Visa rejection explanation, should i give complete details like my company was not able to provide necessary documents etc etc... or just that it was rejected under 221g of INA.

please reply.

thanks in advance
    S

Couple of days ago my h1 got rejected and now i am applying for L2 as my wife is in US.

While filling the DS160 there is a question regarding current employment and employer details, here should i select unemployed or select 'other' and give the reason as i was employed before H1 rejection.

---- If you are currently employed (whether in the US or elsewhere )you say YES and if need be provide the details

I am paranoid to select unemployed due current employment situation in US and by selecting it will it affect the L2 visa.

---- Your employment in the US or elsewhere does not affect the L2 visa in any manner.he H1 visa rejection will not have anything to do with the L2 application. Both are independent visa categories and each will be considered on its own merit

Please let me know which option to select for this question.

---- As above say YES if you are currently employed

Also for the previous Visa rejection explanation, should i give complete details like my company was not able to provide necessary documents etc etc... or just that it was rejected under 221g of INA.

---- Say rejected and that is sufficient as the rest of the details will be on their system

Subramanya

Comment

Thanks Subramanya.

After the h1 rejection i was not sure if i still can select option as employed, due to rejection i cannot join the same company which sponsored my H1, rejection has automatically closed the option to work in the same company.

Thanks,
      SS

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X