Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I-485 denied, received I-797 approval notice asking for I-485 to be submitted with it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-485 denied, received I-797 approval notice asking for I-485 to be submitted with it

I'm sponsoring my wife on a H1 visa, as she got married here in the US while visiting. We had a lot of complications in the beginning but things seem to be going much better now for our immigration process. Our I-485 was denied due to our co-sponsor not meeting the financial requirements, and the attorney I switched to at the time claimed they submitted a motion to reopen with a new affidavit of support, but it turned out that never happened. On the good news, all the rest of the process is going well, and the I-797 says the I-130 was approved.

On the I-797 approval letter it says to submit a I-485 with it.

Since we're far past the 33 days to reopen the denied I-485, would I submit an entirely new and fresh I-485 with the I-797 approval letter?

I'm assuming we should submit all the same information we submitted last time, updating anything as necessary (and with the new cosponsor)? I don't mind doing that, retaking the passport photos would be the only real inconvenience, and re-paying the filing fee definitely hurts but it seems like our best option.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X