DS-160 Maiden Name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS-160 Maiden Name

I was filling out DS-160 and was getting some error at spouse information. It says on the the top that I need to enter maiden name.

I am not sure where I should be inputting that. If I put her maiden surname in the surnames field, it gives me an error because in previous sections I only put her after marriage surname since it does not ask the Maiden name.

Also, what is the format for putting maiden name. Lets say her maiden surname is xyz and after marriage is abc, should I put it as abc xyz in the surnames?

Also, what would be the format for given names?

I am not sure where to include maiden names in the spouse names section.

Please help.........

Tanmay

Maiden name should be only before marriage name.
    Let say, "Rekha Ramesh Shah" married to "Vinod Jaswant Khanna". Then Rekha's after marriage name will be "Rekha Vinod Khanna". But her maiden name will be "Rekha Ramesh Shah".

[Note:- I am sharing my views, contact your attorney for the best advice]
    Originally posted by tanny123 View Post
    I was filling out DS-160 and was getting some error at spouse information. It says on the the top that I need to enter maiden name.

I am not sure where I should be inputting that. If I put her maiden surname in the surnames field, it gives me an error because in previous sections I only put her after marriage surname since it does not ask the Maiden name.

Also, what is the format for putting maiden name. Lets say her maiden surname is xyz and after marriage is abc, should I put it as abc xyz in the surnames?

Also, what would be the format for given names?

I am not sure where to include maiden names in the spouse names section.

Please help.........

Tanmay

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X